How to Join:
- Login to AU Involve and search “Auburn Supply Chain Management Association” then click “Join” https://auburn.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/ascma
- Within a week you will receive an email with more information and instructions on how to pay the one time $50 membership fee.
Why Join ASCMA?
- Networking Opportunities- When you participate in ASCMA events you will have the opportunity to grow your network by engaging with Supply Chain Professionals and Employers and also by getting to know fellow SCM students who will soon be Supply Chain Professionals.
- ASCMA Pullover and Dinner at Meetings- Each member will receive an ASCMA pullover and dinner is usually provided at monthly meetings.
- Tour Opportunities– Each semester ASCMA tries to organize at least one tour sometimes more. In the past, we have toured the Auburn Athletics Facility where we learned about the logistics behind a gameday and the challenges of managing equipment inventory. We have also toured Kia Motors in Westpoint, GA and the Auburn RFID lab to learn about the research happening at our own institution. Tours vary each semester as new opportunities arise. The cost associated with attending tours is usually covered in your membership dues.
- Invitations to Special Events- Every semester ASCMA hosts a special reception the evening before the career fair for ASCMA members to meet employers before the career fair. Other special events vary as opportunities arise. During the Spring 2019 semester 10 members had the opportunity to have dinner with notable alumni, Joe and Gayle Forehand, during their tenure as executives in residence.
- Priority for Trips and Conferences– In conjunction with the Center for Supply Chain Innovation (CSCI), Auburn University takes students to industry events, and case competitions. Usually, an application for these trips is sent via email from the faculty member organizing the trip (so keep an eye on your email and apply!). Trips are not limited to ASCMA members, however ASCMA members are generally preferred over other students. Some conference participants are chosen by a faculty member and some require an outside application to the organization sponsoring the trip and will be chosen by that organization. If selected, the cost of the trip will be covered.